[DGD] DGD and *dbm

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Jul 23 22:54:48 CEST 2008

bart at wotf.org wrote:

>[...]
> Obviously, your primary audience is commercial mud developers, and not us who
> run hobby muds, and I accept that the requirements for that are more important
> to you. Doesn't change the fact that I believe it is quite reasonable to
> suggest an extension interface that does provide more flexibility then the
> current one does, and to point out what kind of things would become easier to
> do with DGD with such an interface.

I'm not the one who turned this a professional vs. hobbyist issue.  As
far as I'm concerned, all that matters is that the software is designed
and written by me.  I'll gladly listen to suggestions, but if what
you propose is in my view an inferior solution, you are simply out of
luck.

Badgering me over and over about the same issues will accomplish nothing.
Neither will the insinuation that I owe something to people less
fortunate than myself, or appeals to fairness.  In my view, rejecting
bad ideas is one of my most important functions.

Regarding an improved extension interface, you are free to make
suggestions.  As I have nothing further to add beyond what I wrote
on this subject half a year ago, I will let the matter rest there.