[DGD] DGD and *dbm

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 23:13:09 CEST 2008

--- On Wed, 7/23/08, bart at wotf.org <bart at wotf.org> wrote:
> > (Felix wrote)
> > your strategy is to persuade me to do your work
> > for you?
>
> I think this is not entirely fair. In this case, I
> don't think anyone is
> asking you to do the actual work, rather, the question to
> you is to help
> provide an infrastructure that allows other people then you
> to do the actual work.

  A quick point:  writing, testing and maintaining such an infrastructure is work.  It is work you are suggesting Felix do, not work you are volunteering to do and deliver to him.  A poorly-design infrastructure for this would be a serious threat to both security and stability, so we're not talking about a trivial amount of design and review effort.  It is something that must be done well or not at all if it is to be included with DGD/MP proper.

  Yes, technically you are only suggesting, but suggesting "you should do this work" is a lot like asking him to do work.