[DGD] DGD playability

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue Jun 17 20:22:16 CEST 2008

A stock DGD distribution includes a kernel library, and is a good starting
point for building a lib, but is not playable or buildable as such.

Phantasmal would probably be your best bet for a DGD based lib that offers
something 'buildable'.

Then there is Shentino's Kotaka and Ulario projects at
http://necronomicorp.com/~shentino/public/download

This is still quite a work in progress, but a very interesting one.

Most (all ?) DGD based games out there that are open for playing run a
privately developed lib, often but not always based on the DGD kernel library,
I don't think any of those libs are publicly available.

I'm myself running such a game (not based on the DGD kernel library tho it
borrows many of its ideas), see http://wotf.org/

There is Skotos of course with a number of commercial games based on DGD, but
their lib is again not publicly available (yet? there has been talk about a
public release at some point)

Bart (aka Aidil)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:41:12 -0700, Manzell Blakeley wrote

Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/
Read my weblog at http://soapbox.bartsplace.net/