[DGD] DGD playability

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 18 00:03:28 CEST 2008

which features in dgd are you most eager to experiment with?

The kernel library is optional if you dont mind having a non persistent mud.
DGD without the kernel library is still a fierce beast.  Working without the
kernel lib is easier, from a traditional lp programmer standpoint, were you to use
Gurbalib.
Due to upgrades made to dgd, gurbalib is no longer useful as is when it is run
using a 1.2.x driver.  I have a version that corrects the parser, (and other bugs)
 and runs correctly on 1.2.144.  If your interested mail me.
The GurbaLibs parser is designed to resemble mudos's parser.
This is good if you like to use bits and pieces from the openly available 'dead souls' lib,
and 'lima' lib.
>From a builders perspective, gurba provides some good options to quickly build, and you can
scavenge all the old mudos codelibs for ideas.

Ive also been working towards making a modern, mudos style lib for dgd built on the kernel lib.
That is my windfall project, which i ramble about from time to time.