[DGD] Update to networking code

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue May 27 21:12:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 10:07:59 -0700, Shentino wrote
> I'm glad someone is making a network patch. :)

We'll have to see how this works out once mp is there..

In theory, dgd mp would actually help for networking, but I'm somewhat sure it
will be more work to support then what I did to get the old network patches to
work on modern dgd.

Anyway.. enjoy, I'm maintaining it simply because I need it myself, but if it
serves someone else as well, all the better :)

On a sidenote, while compiling DGD on Solaris 8 (sparc 64) I had to slightly
change the makefile, but after that, it seems to work quite nicely.

(without being able to look at the Makefile now, iirc it was a matter of
adding -lsocket -lsnl -lresolv to the LIBS line)

Oh.. I'd love dgd/mp on that machine.. its a nice 8 way smp box :)

Bart.