[DGD] preserving vars after lib recompile

chris . psych_mayo at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:17:47 CEST 2008

My understanding is that when i use an objectd to recompile a lib, all the dependent files would be destructed and than recompiled/recloned.  I want to preserve variables existing in objects, whether or not they exist in that object or in a lib the object inherits.
This issue has been discussed or worked on before i presume, so i guess my first thought is to ask what other people have done.
My ideas on the topic all involve writing an upgrade script of some sort, for each object with variables to be saved.  Ive ruled out using save/restore.  I dont know of a way to check what variables exist for a given object.
Thanks.
chris