[DGD] DGD & MySQL

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 04:08:29 CEST 2008

Anyway, back to the original topic.

Main thing I'd watch out for is the synchronous nature of SQL versus
the asyncrhonous nature of a DGD thread.

You may wish to implement a callback interface...just in case the SQL
query decides to crap out, hang, or simply take forever.

Additionally, DGD network I/O doesn't take place until the end of the
thread, at least for user objects.  If you wish to mimic this behavior
for safety reasons, you should make a callback approach.

Additionally, for dealing with atomics, you'll probably be well off
with a silent transaction start that coincides with the atomic frame.
It should probably be nested...which itself could be a thorn.