[DGD] 1.3.2

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 13:27:35 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:

> Shentino <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well since you mentioned it I'll say thank you. I'll be testing it
> shortly
> > so don't count your unhatched chicks yet :P.
> >
> > Though honestly I didn't feel a big fuss needed to be made about it.
>
> You're welcome.  But yes, whether or not it worked for you was the
> sort of response I was hoping for.

I have verified your fix as good.  I can push it all the way up to about 240
nodes in the inheritance mesh.  It would seem that objects are indeed
uniquified quite well.

Kudos for a driver that is harder yet to break.

>  > At any rate my question about how instance_of reacts to concurrent
> private
> > and public inheritance was a serious one.
>
> Well, don't despair.  With 150-odd people on the mailing list, chances
> are that eventually someone will spend the 10 seconds it takes to find
> the answer; provided, of course, that you make <very> clear that you
> yourself haven't yet done so.

10 seconds is a very optimistic estimate of the time it takes to download
DGD, compile it, install the kernel library, code up an example, etc...

and 150 is likewise optimistic for how many are regular participants.

But per your subtly implied wishes, I have found out for myself, and to
spare everyone else the effort...

The asnwer is YES public inheritance overrules private for purposes of
instance_of.

Regards,