[DGD] Writing an external network daemon

Petter Nyström jimorie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 16:33:44 CEST 2009

Ah.

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. However, I am
experimenting some now, and I'm not sure what I should be able to
expect from DGD's buffering. I am using binary connections, and If I
send the string "123" back to the MUD via my external daemon, I most
of the times receive the string "123". But sometimes I get three
consecutive calls to receive_message() with "1", "2" and "3",
respectively. Or any variation thereof. I guess I should be using the
telnet protocol if I want a more predictable behaviour?

Also not using any multiplexing, either.

Regards,

Jimorie