[DGD] Writing an external network daemon

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 16:40:34 CEST 2009

  I think telnet protocol defaults to line-mode, so yes, it'll give you the predictable behavior you want, but that's all done at the LPC level.  Fundamentally, network data gets broken up at arbitrary points, and only re-buffering at the final destination can change that (by faking continuity).  You can't keep TCP/IP from breaking these things up for you, you can only put them back together afterward.