[DGD] Writing an external network daemon

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Mon Jul 27 22:13:57 CEST 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:56:57 +0200, Felix A. Croes wrote

> > Does it accept udp packets from other ips then the one that it has a binary
> > connection with?
>
> The IP number has to match, as well.

makes sense :)

> > This also applies to the network package, but it extends this with a
> > datagram_done() callback similar to message_done() for telnet and binary tcp
> > connections to make buffering in lpc easy and similar to tcp buffering.
>
> I can see why you would want it to be similar, but since there is no
> flow control for UDP, there is no need for the callback.

Its not needed indeed, but trying to send multiple udp packets from a single
port in a single execution round is a common case in what I use this for, and
not easily prevented, so I buffer those and send them one at a time in the udp
port object. A typical case of this is sending log data to a syslogd on
another machine.

The same could be achieved with a 0 delay call_out of course.

Bart

--
Created with Open WebMail at http://www.bartsplace.net/
Read my weblog at http://soapbox.bartsplace.net/