[DGD] DGDMP 1.1.10

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 01:00:42 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:

> Shentino <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Speaking of the inheritance table size increase you mentioned in a
> previous
> > upgrade, I have often in the interest of encapsulation on steroids, had
> my
> > main "object" class split up into about 7 implementation libs, each of
> which
> > includes from 1 to 7 of each other's corresponding interface (api) libs.
> >  I'm guessing such double-deep inheritance trees are somehow overflowing
> > something inside.
>
> An overflow definitely is not good.  What exactly is the error that you
> run into?

Error was "Too many objects inherited"

I only have (11 + 11 + 2) = 22 inheritables involved, yet I was able to
create an inheritance tree that triggered this.

I have 11 definition files, each of which inherits 11 declaration files.
 All of the above are inherited by a single collective inheritable, itself
inherited by a clonable.  All objects also inherit from a simulated "second
auto".  So it's a 2 level inheritance mesh.

I have a test case which I am sending you privately so that the ml doesn't
scrub it.