[DGD] Gurbalib resurrection, followup

Dread Quixadhal quixadhal at chartermi.net
Mon Mar 16 19:58:44 CET 2009

If anyone is planning on kludging things into Windows (native), it
would probably be wise to get a copy of Visual Studio and get things
setup to work in the environment.  While I realize there are plenty of
other IDE's out there, there's a good chance that someone who really
wants to develop in Windows (as opposed to cygwin, or linux in a VM),
will be using Visual Studio to do it.

I believe they do have a free version (Visual Studio Express?) that's
probably good enough.

Personally, I haven't used Visual anything since VB6 and SQL Server,
so I know nothing beyond rumors.

One other common gotcha in Windows is that their filesystem is case
rememberant.  That is, it remembers the case of the filename you save,
but it is case insensitive otherwise... so /usr/system and /usr/System
would be the same directory.