[DGD] Kotaka case sensitivity

Brian Gernhardt benji at silverinsanity.com
Mon Mar 23 04:51:13 CET 2009

I was interested by the recent upsurge in activity on the list and was
reminded of my various plans for a mudlib. A far more rational thing
to do is use someone else's code, so I downloaded Gurbalib,
Phantasmal, and Kotaka.  I started by looking at their READMEs...

kotaka/mudlib/README says:
> Notes:
>
>         Kotaka can not be run on Windows because part of its core
>         functionality relies on case sensitive filenames.

I would like to point out that this also excludes Mac OS X, or at
least anyone who uses the default filesystem.

The Kotaka site says it got heavy inspiration from Phantasmal.  Does
Phantasmal also have this limitation?

~~ B