[DGD] Pro's and Con's of <insert favorite hosting strategy here>

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon May 25 06:03:41 CEST 2009

After finally beating my router into submission and making it play nice with
dyndns.org (read: rtfm'ing for the zillionth time and finally hitting D'oh
point), I can now reliably get stuff inbound to my desktop.

So, I thought I'd take a little survey and see if anyone has opinions about
hosting strategies, pros, cons of anything.

Strategies include but not limited to:
* Self hosting
* Borrowing a shell account from someone else's server
* Professional hosting, such as at a datacenter
* Make this one up.