[DGD] Developing a network daemon

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:46:55 CEST 2009

Ok, so I've been bouncing the idea around in my head, and so far I've come
up with a few features I want to put in, as well as some problems I have yet
to solve
Features:

* Inbound and outbound networking
* Relay of information that DGD itself doesn't forward
  - source port
  - identd info
* Enhanced access controls
  - connections that violate them can be simply closed and not even be
accepted

Problems:

* Preventing the network daemon from being spoofed to DGD, possible
workarounds listed
  - use a unix socket protected by filesystem perms to establish the control
socket
  - use public key crpyto to authenticate
* Lack of knowhow implementing a decent multiplexer

So right now, I'm seeking input on what I should be on the lookout for, as
well as additional features.