[DGD] Administratrivia: MUD-Dev archive

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sat Aug 7 17:43:22 CEST 2010

Par Winzell <par.winzell at alyx.com> wrote:

> Oh, very nice. Thank you.

I noticed that the archive still had some problems; some messages were
inaccessible because they had no subject, and a bunch of delivery
failure notifications and messages from other mailing lists had ended up
inside.  This has been corrected, and the archive has been regenerated.

Just for the record, and as a reminder to myself in case I have to do
something like this again, after setting up a new Mailman mailing list
you can populate the archives from an existing .mbox file (in the proper
location) with the following:

    withlist mud-dev-archive
    >>> from Mailman.Archiver import HyperArch
    >>> h = HyperArch.HyperArchive(m)
    >>> h.processListArch()
    >>> h.close()

For some reason this will remove the .mbox file, so make a backup of
that first.

Regards,
Felix Croes