[DGD] Problem with listening ports with kernellib-net

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Jul 26 15:40:43 CEST 2010

Shentino <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've actually been pondering writing a net-aware klib as well.  I do plan to
> make it check for net vs. no-net driver and be compatible either way.
>
> I'm actually curious if I should do anything besides make a simple cut-over
> to a boring klib portd

It's not quite so boring -- presenting exactly the same interface to the
mudlib user would defeat the point of enabling the network extensions.
Apart from integrating new functionality such as outbound connections,
there are also changes to deal with.  For example, vanilla DGD handles
UDP as an extension of a TCP connection, and provides a way to identify
multiple clients behind the same firewall; DGD+net's UDP support is
geared towards communicating with external UDP services.

Regards,
Felix Croes