[DGD] unequal prototypes driving me crazy

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 14:04:03 CEST 2010

I'm writing a status reporter.

It inherits both LIB_USER, so it can be connected to, and LIB_WIZTOOL, so
that I can access the cmd_status function.  I even inherited them via
labels.

Since both of them define the message function, I overrode it with my own
version.

But the compiler is choking before it even gets far enough to notice I've
overridden it.

What's going on here?  I thought that function conflicts were resolvable by
masking all competing versions with one of your own in the inheriting
object.