[DGD] The kernel library

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Sep 23 19:13:34 CEST 2010

I have decided to stop development of the kernel library in its current
form.  While it is very usable, powerful and stable, the core design dates
back to 1996/1997, before I began work on what would eventually become
Hydra.  Unfortunately, the way it approaches resource management does not
take Hydra's concurrency into account (data is stored in central objects),
and this cannot be fixed without violating its original design.  Rather
than add layers of ugly #ifdefs, I am going to integrate it into a larger
mudlib that I eventually intend to release into the public domain, rip
out the parts which I don't want, and see how it evolves.

I've released version 1.3.4 of the kernel library on github, including
the full history:

    http://github.com/dworkin/kernellib

Unless someone else wants to continue development, I recommend that users
integrate it into their own mudlibs, as well.

Regards,
Felix Croes