[DGD] The kernel library

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Sep 23 21:57:19 CEST 2010

Tyler Littlefield <tyler at tysdomain.com> wrote:

> this leads me to a question I've asked a couple times, but never gotten
> a real answer from.
> I really like the looks of DGD, but I'm not skilled enough with both LPC
> and DGD to write a base that I can work off of.
> Does there exist a mudlib of sorts that I can get going with?
> I liked the looks of Gurbalib, but that requires persistents and jumping
> through a lot of hoops to get it going with or without.

Gurbalib is what I would recommend, but since you have ruled that out,
I don't know what to tell you.  Perhaps the authors of other mudlibs
can fill you in on the benefits of each.

> I'm basically looking for something that will just save the player's
> data like skills and load it again when the mud boots up, without
> keeping a persistent track of everything, so that I don't need to go
> through lots of work to change one variable to do something else with
> update functions.

The LPmud 2.4.5 mudlib, maybe?  There is an overview of some available
mudlibs on

    http://www.dworkin.nl/dgd/

> Also, is there a nice complete documentation set on dgd's functions (as
> called from LPC)? I'm not sure what all it supports, or what all
> functions it includes.

Check out the doc/kfun directory that's included with DGD.

For more documentation about LPC, see the Phantasmal website:

    http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Felix Croes