[DGD] MSys patch for DGD

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Aug 7 11:32:24 CEST 2011

Jared Maddox <absinthdraco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyways, I've recently finished a patch to compile DGD on the MSys
> system (I didn't like how 'heavy' MSVC++ was). I've tested it
> (compiled, executed, telnetted in, issued the shutdown command), and
> the patch seems to work on my system. However, I do not know how the
> patch will act on a *nix system (I expect it to be fine, but I might
> have goofed somewhere), and I don't know how the patch will act with a
> non-GNU make. Also, should I submit this to DGD hub, or make a
> sourceforge project to hold the patch, or what? Here's the contents of
> the patch file:

I see a few problems with your patch.  It applies to 1.4.7 rather than
the latest, it modifies the Makefiles in a way that will only work for
GNU Make, and it pointlessly modifies two source files without changing
anything relevant.

I would prefer a host-specific Makefile in dgd/src/host, which adds
the libraries to link with to the 'dgd' and 'sub' files.

As to how to submit your patch, the best way would be to create a git
repository somewhere (sourceforge or github), clone/fork the DGD
repository, and commit your changes.  That would allow me to merge
the changes into the main repository with proper attribution.  But
if you think that is too complex or too much work, sending a patch to
the mailing list would work, too.

Regards,
Felix Croes