[DGD] Lag and swapout()

David Rose narkaulov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:44:47 CEST 2011

I was wondering if anybody might have experienced this problem before or
might be able to point me in the right direction.  Last two times we have
restarted the our dgd driver (1.4) we have gotten serious issues with lag,
particularly with logins and logoffs.  This tends to happen within the first
month of uptime.  When this happens manually forcing DGD to swap by calling
swapout() takes care of the issue.  Oddly enough though, we have swapout()
being called weekly in a cron job.  I am currently trying to figure out what
exactly is causing this so we can prevent it from happening again so I am
open to any and all suggestions.  I apologise if this might be off topic for
this list, but I am about at my wits end.

-Narkaulov
Igormud.org