[DGD] obtaining object in extension system

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Nov 17 15:18:41 CET 2011

RobF <squaretriangle at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> Fair enough.  Is there likely to be any workaround in future or will
> extensions always be crippled in this way?  If it's limited to hydra
> couldn't it do an #ifndef HYDRA condition or so in the dgd source (from
> which, I assume, hydra inherits), adding the functions only in a regular
> dgd build?  I guess this is more work than I make it sound...?

The purpose of lpc-ext is to offer a unified extension interface for
DGD and Hydra.  If extensions are still going to be incompatible with
one of them, there isn't much point in using the interface, and you
might as well hack the DGD sourcecode directly.  The format of kfuns
in dgd/src/kfun/*.c is likely to remain stable in the future, so there
isn't much danger of your code becoming incompatible at this point.

Regards,
Felix Croes