[DGD] Possible bug? Duplicate indices in mapping

Petter Nyström jimorie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:52:22 CET 2012

Hello list!

I just ran into a weird situation and would like to get a second
opinion on what's going wrong.

The weird thing is best illustrated by this line of code that I just ran:

> eval map_indices("/src/sys/objectd"->get_c_to_p()) & ({"/world/area/portalzone/obj/portal"})
$1 = ({"/world/area/portalzone/obj/portal",
"/world/area/portalzone/obj/portal"})

Where get_c_to_p() returns a large mapping containing all my loaded
programs, mapped to the list of programs that they inherit directly
from. The odd thing is obviously that I somehow have managed to get
duplicate indices in this mapping.

Is there any way I can have caused this, without there being a bug in DGD?

I have not upgraded DGD in a while, and am still running DGD 1.4. Has
there been any fixes to DGD since then that may prevent this from
happening? I.e. should I upgrade as soon as possible?

Thanks,
Jimorie