[DGD] Possible bug? Duplicate indices in mapping

Petter Nyström jimorie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:19:44 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:
> When was the last cold boot of this mud, and what version of DGD was
> used?

The last cold boot was just yesterday. I do not normally use state
dumps for the MUD.

As an aside, DGD crashed yesterday, which is why it was restarted. I
don't know why that happened, as there was no error message other than
that it was a Segmentation fault. I have not investigated the
resulting core dump file, although I still have it.

> How large is the mapping?

404 key value pairs.

> I do not think that any of the bugs fixed up to 1.4.12 could have caused
> this, but it would nevertheless be a good idea to upgrade to the latest
> version.

Yes, I will look at upgrading. As soon as I can figure out what branch
I should be following and all that... ^^

> Could you send me the sourcecode of how objectd handles the c_to_p
> mapping?

Sure. I put it here for you:
http://s409.se/~jimorie/tmp/objectd.c

I am not really confident that that program actually works as
advertised, but that should be beside the point here.

Cheers,
Jimorie