[DGD] Precompile issue on MinGW/MSys

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:03:03 CET 2012

I'm working on precompiling the kernel library with my patched version
of DGD. Mostly barriers have been things that I caused (the
precompiler was a.exe instead of a.out, I put the kernel library
somewhere weird, etc.), but I did run into two things that strike me
as odd.

The first is a typo: from the actual DGD source, in \src\comp\comp.c,
co_restore was defined as:
void co_restore(int fd, Uint t, int conv, int conv2)
while the correct version, specified in \src\call_out.h and \src\call_out.c is:
void co_restore(int fd, Uint t, int conv, int conv2, int conv_time)
This is from the DGD 1.4.7 tar.gz. Is this in the version online, or
did I accidentally modify something without realizing? If it's there,
is it still in the latest versions?

The second thing (and this is presumably my fault) is that make has
started calling gcc (I assume through make's default rules) instead of
calling the LPC precompiler, which it had been for a little while. The
thing is, I can't figure out what I might have done to change the
rules like that (the $(PRECOMP) $(CONFIG) /kernel/sys/driver.c $@ rule
is still in place, and the only change I know to be relevant to that
is this:
PRECOMP_PROG=a.out
PRECOMP=../comp/$(PRECOMP_PROG)
). Unfortunately I didn't catch the change-over immediately, so all
I'm certain of is that the last time the precompiler ran, make said it
returned Error 2. Does anyone with previous experience with
precompiling have any guesses where I should look?