[DGD] Precompile issue on MinGW/MSys

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:32:41 CET 2012

> Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 06:05:40 +0100
> From: "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl>
> To: All about DGD and Hydra <dgd at dworkin.nl>
> Subject: Re: [DGD] Precompile issue on MinGW/MSys
>

> With regard to the makefile problems, the usual debugging techniques
> (printing out what has which value when) will probably help you to pin
> it down.
>
> Regards,
> Felix Croes

Didn't need to do that, apparently the pre-compiler had run the first
time, exited with an error of 1 (which, from looking at the code for
the relevant dgd_main, seems to strongly imply a compile error), and
then failed to remove the output file (the code makes reference to a
lack of absolute paths). After that, make saw the .c file in the lpc
directory, and assumed that the pre-compiler step was done, masking
the real issue.

Ah, the wonders of "make clean". I really wish this was the FIRST time
I'd forgotten to run that command on a project.

I'm going to try deleting the mud directory and un-taring/etc. the
kernel library again. Is the pre-processor supposed to provide
compile-error information?