[DGD] alternate swapout pressure system

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:05:35 CEST 2012

> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:29:20 -0700
> From: Shentino <shentino at gmail.com>
> To: All about DGD and Hydra <dgd at dworkin.nl>
> Subject: Re: [DGD] alternate swapout pressure system
>
> I've persnally put thought into moving all the tests into dgd's main
> loop so that it could be the "boss" and decide what to do.
>
> For example, deferring swap rebuild and swapout to times when user I/O
> and/or callouts are not consuming CPU time.

A priority system could be used, but the priority weighting would
presumably require changes to the .dgd file.

Maybe physically locate the tests within a single function, but pass
that function a constant value to select which test to run? That could
be used to segregate all of the tests into a single location, while
easily controlling which one gets run with some carefully named
preprocessor defines.