[DGD] Using r-trees to subdivide a world

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:55:04 CEST 2012

Anyway, what I needed advice with was a good r-tree type setup that
generally avoids linear time operations for inventory management,
allows me to locate an object by its XYZ coordinates, and can handle
objects scooting around pretty much arbitrarily in 3 dimensions.

I've looked at the r-tree article on wikipedia, and so far r*-tree
looks good, but I have zero practical experience with r-trees in
general.

Most of the stuff I've found on r-tree setups assumes that the points
aren't moving.