[DGD] just out of curiosity

Ragnar Lonn prl at gatorhole.se
Wed Sep 12 10:00:37 CEST 2012

Yeah, art is definitely a bottleneck sector. But I think it can be
solved through templating - you create an art library with common
textures, and a model library with common 3D models. Then it becomes a
lot easier for an average person to create, say, a kitchen table.

In the end, the model library will not only contain kitchen tables, but
parts of kitchen tables (surface, legs), allowing non-artists to create
unique items that look good by just adding together different
pre-existing pieces.

Regarding copryright, code is as much an intellectual property as art,
and MUDs have managed to handle the code issue. Every serious
community-created initiative out there forces its users to relinquish
(or share) copyright on stuff they create inside the community.

   /Ragnar