[DGD] DGD

Blain blain20 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:51:49 CEST 2013

On Friday, April 12, 2013, Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:
> Hello Blain,
>
> We're past the apex, but DGD is still used for muds.  Ultimately it
> depends on people like you.  Welcome to the mailing list.
>
> Regards,
> Felix Croes

Felix:

It's good to see you're still advancing and supporting the DGD server after
all these years!  Did your own mudlib ever turn out?  (I'm still working
through the archives, but I'm only up to mid-'01 now and you were working
on it then I think.). If we're still in need of a good startup mudlib, I'd
be happy to strip mine down once I get it running and tested.  It could
have a basic System setup with some commands, interfaces, and handlers to
get someone started.

To anyone:

I have two quick questions regarding parse_string():

1] Does the order of the rules in the grammar affect the optimization or
not?
2] How can I extract a comma that is right behind a 'word' to become it's
own token?  Since a 'word' doesn't' include the comma, does it then become
a free-floating token that I can grab by using it literally in rules?  For
example, "fat, hairy" <=> token = word ',' word ?

Also, does anyone have a running MUD I could log onto and chat with
like-minded people? ;)