[DGD] Saving to disk

Schmidt, Stephen schmidsj at union.edu
Tue Apr 16 22:02:24 CEST 2013

My occasional reveries on this theme have involved requiring that players get
to a place of safety before their bodies can be put in the meat locker. If you're
sitting in the tavern, then your body can disappear; if you're trapped in the lair
of the ninth level hobgoblin, then your userless body is at the hobgoblin's
mercy unless you get it out of there yourself.

Such a thing ought to be built into the design of the game world in some way,
I expect.

Steve