[DGD] Full double precision floats?

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 00:59:18 CEST 2013

Since we're dealing with floating point formats that have the same exponent
range, I presume that silent interconversion (with an appropriate warning
about mantissa truncation on going back to 6-byte floats) will suffice.

My hope was to convert dgd to use full double precision floats on a
permanent basis.  Besides increased precision, I figured it would simplify
the floating point code.