[DGD] Full double precision floats?

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 10:02:11 CEST 2013

Actually I just checked back on this discussion back in Feb 2010 and the
topic then was actually 80 bit floats, where you mentioned that software
floats were done for the sake of platforms that don't do floating point at
all, let alone double precision.

Are you sure we already talked about 64-bit double precision values
specifically?  It's not ringing a bell at all.

(for reference to the thread:
https://mail.dworkin.nl/pipermail/dgd/2010-February/006622.html)

Also, I presume that your main issue is still floating point support as a
whole, and not merely the double precision data type?