[DGD] Problem and Solution: Cannot compile DGD 1.4.18 on Cygwin/Windows

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Tue Feb 19 06:03:00 CET 2013

Blain <blain20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was unable to compile DGD out of the box because my host was not
> recognized by the Makefile script.  I forced HOST to be defined as
> DWORKIN and this fixed it.  If someone would like to fix this, my host
> string is: "CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64".  After forcing HOST=DARWIN, I was
> able to compile, run, and log in as admin.  No other problems noted.

Recognizing unix-like runtime environments for Windows in the Makefile is
being worked on (see <https://github.com/dworkin/dgd/tree/msys>), but has
not yet been merged into the master branch.  Note that DGD will compile
without problems using the freely available Visual Studio 2010/2012 Express.

Regards,
Felix Croes