[DGD] objregwatch flagged

Kris Van Hees aedil at alchar.org
Sat Jul 6 01:13:11 CEST 2013

At the risk of stepping in the middle of an issue...  It is slightly
unreasonable to request the author of some code to guarantee correctness
so you can rule out any potential issues in the code you forked from
prior to ensuring your own code is correct.  It is customary that if
you find a problem, you perform the analysis, and if the problem is in
your code, you fix it, and if you find credible evidence that the problem
is in the original code, then you report that problem (and often, still
try to provide a fix also).

	JMHO,
	Kris

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 03:37:15PM -0700, Raymond Jennings wrote:
> I was asking about your version that I forked from, which I assumed you
> were still responsible for.
>
> If your version is guaranteed not to do this, then I can narrow the bug
> down to either my own changes or a glitch in DGD :P.
>
> I do apologize though for not being specific.
>

> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:
>
> > Raymond Jennings <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a case where the objregd list might legitimately be corrupted?
> > >
> > > As in due to misbehavior/errors in other code, and not due to a klib
> > > problem or dgd problem?
> >
> > You forked the kernel library, you put out the announcement:
> >
> >     "After some wrangling with git, I have volunteered to take over
> >     maintenance of the kernel library."
> >
> > Now you're going to have to do your own debugging.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Felix Croes

Never underestimate a Mage with:
 - the Intelligence to cast Magic Missile,
 - the Constitution to survive the first hit, and
 - the Dexterity to run fast enough to avoid being hit a second time.