[DGD] How to hose your mud

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 03:03:11 CEST 2013

Learned the hard way that wedging your object manager is a quick way to
brick your mud.

Since the klib's "code" command compiles and executes a new object, it
could even become impossible to fix.

You can't recompile the object manager due to runtime errors in the old
one, and you can't code "driver"->set_object_manager(nil) because the code
command chokes on a broken objectd when compiled.

I rolled back to a previous snapshot and added a patch to my objectd to
ignore the _code object the klib generates, and I'm pondering have it
auto-disable itself on a runtime error.

Anyone have advice?