[DGD] DGD on Raspberry Pi

Gary Preston gary at mups.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 21:33:03 CEST 2013

On 22 Jun 2013, at 21:07, Erwin Harte <harte at is-here.com> wrote:

> If you want a $35 personal DGD server in your back pocket.
>
>    http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs

Funny you should mention this. I built DGD a couple of months back on my PI although have yet to find time to work on a lib. Straight forward to do, largely due to Dworkin caring about cross platform/standard code :)

Also, if you've not seen it, PCExtreme are doing free* PI co-location on a 100Mbit connection with 500GB fair use bandwidth. There's a blog post on the Rapsberry PI site from a few month ago with a little info on it.

http://raspberrycolocation.com/order/

I've got one hosted with them at the moment. They've committed to doing it for at least 12 months, after that, well who knows. Worst case though there's a small shipping fee to get it sent back depending where you live.

A colleague also has one hosted with them that's running an irc and svn sever.

They're quite heavily back logged now though due to high demand. Also, when I placed my order it was all still in Dutch, although nothing google translate couldn't fix.

Not quite the ideal hosting solution, but it's novel and free which is hard to argue with :)

* Free if you provide your own 512MB rev PI + SD card, otherwise a reasonable cost to buy a PI and SD card from them and cover initial setup time.

Gary