[DGD] DGD Segmentation Fault After Dump Restore

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue Sep 24 02:10:32 CEST 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 00:36:12 +0200, Felix A. Croes wrote
> bart at wotf.org wrote:
>
> > Felix, don't know if I'm on your whitelist.. but found a few more things:
> >
> > - I can crash DGD versions as old as 1.3 (didn't test anything earlier)
with this
> > - multiple LWOs from the same master seem to be involved
> > - the LWOs are being used in the same task that upgrades their master
>
> Thanks for your efforts (and yes, you're on my whitelist).

My pleasure.

Been trying to figure out what is happening myself. What I now suspect is that
creating lwos, recompiling their master and then forgetting then (as in no
longer having a reference to the lwos) in the same task is what is triggering
this issue.

> I have managed to reproduce the crash, but have not yet managed to
> track it down.
>  I have limited time for this at the moment, but I will give it a
> further look in the next few days.

Seeing how this has been around for years without anyone noticing, I'm sure
we'll survive a little longer.. ;-)

I'll be looking around myself as well, through so far its not really clear to
me what is happening. Whatever is happening is causing corruption in arrays
and mappings in general (lpc arrays suffering from acute existence failure
while there is no lpc code that nils them, and they did exist previously for
example)

Bart.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrobjective/