[DGD] microkernel philosophy: how not to make ravioli code

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:04:20 CET 2014

So I've taken a shine to skotos's approach of putting subsystems (which
they call modules) into separate klib users to isolate them.

I've since used this method to allow them to be nuked and rebooted on
demand, which is a nice sledgehammer for when my i3 daemon goes netdead.

Is it going too far to have code isolated?  Like for example, my next idea
is segregating the object manager away from System so that it can run as
unprivileged code.

How far is too far before you stop making good code and start making
ravioli?

I know this is a silly question but I'm new to good modularity.