[DGD] MCCP and webserver

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Fri Aug 14 22:37:40 CEST 2015

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:02:25 -0400, Littlefield, Tyler wrote

> Hey all,
> Any chance of getting this builtin?

Into dgd? not likely. Adding the required compression functionality as kfuns
and implementing the protocol in lpc using a binary connection sounds more
like an implemmentation that might have a chance (and which isn't that
difficult to make).

In general, DGD doesn't try to implement network protocols (telnet being a
historic exception, or mistake, depending on your point of view), but rather
gives you the tools to do so in lpc. That is a fundamental part of DGDs
approach, and one of the things that gives it its flexibility.

> Also I'm curious if anyone has managed an http server that is usable
> from within Gurba.

Not that I know of, but I have one running as part of Way of the Force, but
fronted by an apache server (configured as reverse proxy for part of the
wotf.org site).

A basic http server is pretty trivial to write, something that deals with the
protocol in a more complete manner however is another thing, but quite possible.

Bart.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrobjective/
http://www.om-d.org/