[DGD] Managing a persistent mud.

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Sat Aug 29 17:57:58 CEST 2015

For Way of the Force I'm still using SVN with suitable ignores, additionally,
only '.example' versions of files that need local modification are in the
repository.

in the past I used the same for my Gurbalib development copies, nowadays
Gurbalib is maintained by Sirdude and is using git, but the same method is
still in place, .ignore server-side generated files, and make sure to only
include example versions of files that need local modification.

Imo the advantage over using rsync is being able to selectively roll-back
changes, and to easily detect unexpected cases of locally modified files.

Bart.

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:31:12 +0100, Gary wrote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrobjective/
http://www.om-d.org/