[DGD] Question concerning stack use between basic blocks

Carter Cheng cartercheng at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 00:40:04 CET 2015

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew what the behavior of the stack is between
basic blocks especially after branch merges. Is it in general safe to
assume that data on the stack after a branch instruction is subsequently
untouched? It would seem rather tricky to keep records of exactly what
values mean on the stack especially if the stack is manipulated in a
different fashion in two basic blocks the in the shared successor block the
data is still accessed in some fashion. I probably should check the source
but I was hoping to save a bit of time digging through the lpc compiler
code finding this.

Thanks in advance,

Carter.