[DGD] Belated return

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue Feb 10 16:18:27 CET 2015

All good points, but you can have pretty much the best of both (or the worst
of both, depending on your POV) by using a web based client, no additional
software to install for the user, yet enough client-side intelligence for
redirection and what not.

A significant hurdle for having a dedicated client for what are essentially
games built by hobbyists in their spare time is it being yet another piece of
software to maintain, introduces some nice versioning and cross-platform
headaches. This can be addressed partially by creating a client that can be
used for many muds, but seeing how the 'mud world' can't even seem to agree on
something as simple as intermud chat protocols or a protocol to query the
status of a mud, I am not going to bet on such a solution.

Bart.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:04:42 -0500, Dread Quixadhal wrote