[DGD] Nested zones

Kent Mein Jr mein at umn.edu
Mon Nov 2 22:08:53 CET 2015

I don't know what TTnT is so I can't look at the document. :)

Having said that, a few uses I see two basic uses for zones:
permissions, keeping track of who is responsible for what code and more of
a developers side of things based on organization.
The other side is programming in effects:
Wandering monsters and limiting them to a certain area, objects that only
function under certain conditions etc...

Over all I say keep it simple.

For the first block of things I say no need.  Use directory structure and
if you want to get complicated make it so you can assign multiple people in
a "zone".  I think this is a lot more important if you are talking about
larger numbers of people but for most cases I would say you should keep it
simple and not worry about trying to over engineer it.

For the second case I think it's nice to allow rooms/objects to be able to
be a member of mutiple zone's, but then you need to do some documentation
for what zones people should use.  "underground", "outside", "inside",
"spacebase1"   and provide some guidance on how to use them.
In this case just treat the "zones" as an array in each object.

Kent