[DGD] instant replies to HTTP requests confusing browser?

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 04:52:43 CEST 2015

Taking a page out of skotos's book, I added an Http module to kotaka.

I'm having some problems though after having my system userd check a
connection's ip against the siteban manager before passing the connection
to the http userd.

If the IP is sitebanned, the system userd merely asks the http userd for a
siteban message and then returns that before closing the connection
immediately without even waiting for a request.

Sometimes the browser shows the error page, and sometimes shows nothing at
all.

Is there any reason this is going on?  Is it buggy behavior in chrome or am
I violating HTTP/1.1 somehow?