[DGD] instant replies to HTTP requests confusing browser?

Neil McBride neil at dogl.net
Sat Oct 17 00:42:28 CEST 2015

I remember having similar problems when writing a web server to work
with my kernel based library. There were times I was convinced Chrome
was broken. I was using Websockets when they were new and only available
in Chrome just to make it more annoying too. The only way I found to
reliably solve the problem was to put insane amounts of logging in. This
let me see the difference between what I thought I'd programmed to
happen and what was actually happening. Just put the logging in so you
can turn it on/off as you will likely need it again.

I can confirm that what I end up with was working well a couple of years
ago and still works nicely with Chrome today. Even the websockets
communication that allows for a telnet style interface written in
javascript is still working properly. You're making me want to dig it
out and do some more work on it ...

Have fun digging :)

Neil.