[DGD] sha-256

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sat Jan 30 18:54:16 CET 2016

bart at wotf.org wrote:

> Since SHA-1 is vulnerable to collision attacks, is there any intention to add
> sha-256 support?
>
> Looking at kfun/extra.c I noticed it has its own implementations of sha1 and
> md5, I bet there was a motivation to not use openssl for this?

The motivation is that DGD should only depend on core libraries, and
OpenSSL is not supported on all platforms that DGD runs on.

If you want to add SHA-256 based on OpenSSL, do it through the extension
interface.  Name the function "hash SHA-256" and it will be automatically
provided through hash_string().

Regards,
Felix Croes