[DGD] MODE_NOECHO newline

Blain blain20 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:35:33 CEST 2016

Okay, now that I had some time to troubleshoot...

(OS: Windows 10)
[Term 1 (Cygwin telnet)]

Scenario 1:
 - Print formatted paragraph with \n
 - Set mode to MODE_ECHO
 - Print prompt
 = Paragraph and prompt are indented severely and input is gagged

Scenario 2:
 - Print formatted paragraph with \n
 - Don't change mode
 - Print prompt
 = No issues and input is echoed

Scenario 3:
 - Print formatted paragraph with \r\n
 - Set mode to MODE_ECHO
 - Print prompt
 = No issues and input is gagged

[Term 2 (CMUD)]

Same as above except no issues with Scenario 2.

---

So, it would seem that the Cygwin telnet wants \r\n for printed text for
noecho mode.  CMUD handles it fine either way.  Overall, I'm wondering if I
should force \r\n all the time or at least during noecho mode across the
board?  I've never had this problem while playing another MUD, though.  I
just logged onto my usual MUD with Cygwin telnet and the password is gagged,
but with no other effect.

The funky part of all this is that the paragraph that's printed is done so
before the mode is changed.  Although, the paragraph is being sent during
the same execution round as the mode change.